Wednesday, May 7, 2008

painting

interesting painter's blog: Figures and Muses

especially this part:
Working so intensely with colour to turn form is very new to me, and I am learning more every day. It is a fascinating thing, and string I desperately want to add to my bow. Most of my work is done at 3/4 lighting, casting shadows across half of the face. This light and dark interplay is how I have been turning the form in my work. Studies such as these are arming me with the tools to handle a rather flatly lit subjects (as plenty of Sargents portraits often were) and thus are opening me up to more oppurtunities for painting. Not to mention being able to inject more and more colour into my work, without it looking inappropriate or garish.(he's practicing by copying Sargent portraits.)

also, interesting concept artists here
RoboGabo

No comments: