Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Kong foamed

Foamed him up (spray adhesive onto the wire), put an extra wire around his spine and legs because the head was heavy (although it's super thin on top of a tin foil ball) so hopefully that'll help. I had been thinking I would trim out parts in the middle like a calimari quick rig in the computer, but the foam seems to compress alright without. I can see why curved scissors are recommended, but I just had straight.

I have been trying to tape paper onto him as a pattern to make clothes, but clearly I'm not a tailor, weird angles. But I have a new thought, maybe I'll just glue/sew the clothes straight to the foam.

I'm not really into all this puppet making and set building, I just want to animate, but no help for it.

My coworker Steve's moved on to clay puppets so I've grabbed the armature we were using and my wife's old iphone (with a super cracked screen, and a wiggly stage, cheapo style for the win) and have been doing little tests just to keep working off my rough animation edges . Helps keep me motivated to finish  my monkey, I want arms, and I think having some bulk might help hide some things.

I also bought a banjo and have been playing a lot of mandolin and might get into fire spinning and walked with my kids in a parade and went to DC since my last update. Who's got time for work or sleep, too much cool stuff to do in this life.


1 comment:

jriggity said...

super cool stuff man!

jriggity