Sunday, June 23, 2013

Kong extra cast


Too UGLY gotta figure out a new solution

here's a paint over of the extra characters for the Kong thing. Chorus girls and then cops (the plan being to shoot the chorus girl scenes first then paint off their hair and boots and put them in cop outfits.) The pelvis and hips are plumbers epoxy, then covered in sculpy, limbs are sculpy. Planning on covering the gaps between the limbs with liquid latex (ala Jon), and using paste on mouths. I was almost ready to finish Kong's fingers but having only bought a little bit of latex I thought it might be wise to do all my latexing at once. Not sure if these guys are going to work, they're pretty ugly, but they're background characters and not supposed to be the main point, also they're smaller than kong. Don't even know if these sculpy limbs are going to work. We'll see. I feel like I'm getting close to the animation part (sets are just going to be cardboard so don't think they'll take that long) so I'm excited. But knowing how projects go all of sudden I'm wondering if there's a way I could knock together in a night a character I could get to animating and trying to act on, wonder how hard it is to make a frankenhole style?

No comments: