Tuesday, January 29, 2008

lessons from the master

laugh more! my baby is always looking for any opportunity to laugh, he starts laughing before he's even decided that there's something to laugh at, that's how I should be. I come home and get him going (or he gets me going), yeah I'm tired, but it doesn't take that much energy to have fun and laugh, and it feels much better. it doesn't take that much energy to have fun and laugh


another butting of heads at work. people who don't listen, aren't going to start. don't let your ego rise up to prove them wrong, they won't listen to see they're wrong, and they'll pick just the words out of a sentence that spells out "you're right" No way to win by playing, only way to win is to divert them ahead of time so don't have to expend energy dealing with them, second to that is let them think they've won as quick as possible so can get back to solving the problem without their "help". and don't let the ego block a viable solution from them, listen, consider, either way "thanks, I'll try that" if it's a real solution try it, if it's not just say it to get rid of them.

No comments: