Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My first stop mo



So finally found a smidge of time to try stop motion. Lot's of fun. Fun challenge to do it all in one go, keeping in mind where all the pieces are coming from and going to at what speed, instead of having the crutch of being able to come back and do follow through and overlap in passes. Of course my armature broke near the end (right about at the 3 second mark), so it gets wonky, had to quickly get some kind of end in there. (The plumbers epoxy stopped holding the arm and hip joints still, those joints were seperate pieces that went across like on a "t", the next armature I'm slapping together I'm going around with a single long length of wire.) Anyway I gotta try it again, and apparently get a better camera then my web cam, just have to find the time.

(I'm really just posting this so I can post in the Stopmo forum cuz Lio doesn't like lurkers)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is way better than my first stopmotion!

Keep going with it! I love how you have some snap back in the movement, a bit of follow-through.

Ratul Sarna said...

haha!
Really great fun little test,,I hope it was fun doing it..would love to see more!

jriggity said...

Hey man!

this is great!

I love the animation on your hand before you pass the life into the puppet.

FUNDAMENTALS dood!

jriggity